Find the Best Personal Fitness Trainers in Croydon
If you’re looking to book a personal trainer in Croydon, you’ve come to the right place.
Below, you’ll find links to PTs in Croydon with different prices, skills, and genders.
Additionally, we’ll take a look at how much trainers in the area tend to charge and at some of the best places to meet up with a Croydon-based personal trainer.
If you aren’t after anything in particular just yet and would like to keep your options open, check out this general list of personal trainers in Croydon.
What is the usual price of a personal trainer in Croydon?
Personal trainers in Croydon typically charge between £35 and £50 per session, with the average cost coming in at about £43.
If you’d like to see how this compares with elsewhere and are interested in questions like “How much do personal trainers charge per hour in the UK?” and “How much do personal trainers charge per hour in London?”, you may like these articles:
If you’re not looking to spend too much on coaching at the moment, you might be interested in one of these more affordable personal trainers in Croydon, who all charge between £20 and £35 per session.
Also, many trainers would be willing to provide you with a free taster session (i.e., a free trial session), a free fitness assessment, or a free consultation when you meet for the first time. Some personal trainers on ukfitness.pro will mention this on their profiles; if not, you could send a trainer a quick message to find out. It's common for the best personal trainers to offer services like these because they're confident that they'll be able to demonstrate to you in your first meeting that they can help you reach your personal targets and become the best version of you.
Ways to save money when working with a personal trainer
If it isn't already listed on their profile, you could also ask whether they provide discounts for block bookings. For example, it might work out a little cheaper to book a couple of sessions instead of one or much cheaper if you book five sessions at once.
Another way to save money would be to take part in small group training (e.g., with your partner or some friends) or in fitness classes, like boot camps or circuit training. You can use the "Speciality" filter that appears on all of our search results pages to find fitness professionals who offer these types of group fitness options. For instance, you can use the filter to find:
- Group training personal trainers in Croydon
- Circuit training personal trainers in Croydon
- Boot camp personal trainers in Croydon
- Fitness class personal trainers in Croydon
Tip: Often, PTs on ukfitness.pro will share on their profiles how long they've been in the fitness industry and may provide testimonials from a variety of clients whom they've helped with their personal goals. Use this information to judge whether the trainer is the right person to help you with your different goals. For instance, if your priority is to get a diet plan that will allow you to lose weight while maintaining your energy levels, look at the bio of the trainer you're considering to see whether they have experience working as a nutritional advisor or check whether their profile contains testimonials or images from/of clients whom they've assisted with weight loss.
Male and female personal trainers in Croydon
Prefer to receive support and guidance from a local fitness pro of a certain gender? No problem. Just check out these links:
Tip: Read the bios of the fitness professionals listed on ukfitness.pro as this is a great way to learn more about them and to see whether their unique approach to training and their personality align with your values and where you're at in life. For instance, if you're looking to recover from a sports injury, you might discover that a trainer's bio describes a personal experience of doing just that or that their profile contains reviews from past clients who've achieved great results when working with the trainer on an injury.
Types of personal training in Croydon
Whether your fitness goals include living a more healthy lifestyle, improving your quality of life, or supercharging your fitness levels, there's a personal trainer in Croydon with the expertise required to accompany you on your fitness journey:
- Bodybuilding personal trainers in Croydon
- Boxing personal trainers in Croydon
- Calisthenics personal trainers in Croydon
- Fitness training professionals in Croydon
- Kickboxing personal trainers in Croydon
- Outdoor personal trainers in Croydon
- Pregnancy personal trainers in Croydon
- Running personal trainers in Croydon
- Weight loss personal trainers in Croydon
- Yoga personal trainers in Croydon
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Try going to this general list of personal trainers in Croydon and then use the “Specialty” filter that appears above the list to find local PTs with specific expertise. For instance, you could do this to find a senior fitness specialist or those who provide kettlebell training, functional training, strength training, or martial arts training. Likewise, you could use the "Speciality" filter to find a yoga instructor or a personal trainer who can assist with weight gain, body sculpting, stress management, mental health, corporate wellness, or core conditioning.
If you're interested in how PTs can assist with medical conditions or how they can shape fitness sessions to account for any medical advice you've received, you might be interested in our article on specialist exercise classes for medical conditions.
Tip: You can make direct contact with any qualified PT on ukfitness.pro simply by hitting the "Contact" button that appears on their profile. Most trainers also include their phone numbers as well as links to their social media profiles.
Where to meet with a personal trainer in Croydon
With loads of great commercial and private gyms in Croydon, there’s no shortage of places to meet up for a session with a local PT. Popular places to get a gym membership in the area (with ratings out of five on Google) include:
- Énergie Fitness Wallington (4.2)
- Nuffield Health Croydon Central (3.2)
- PureGym Purley (3.9)
- Snap Fitness Wallington (4.7)
- The Gym Group London West Croydon (4.0)
- Privately owned Fitness Studio: If you'd like to train in a private PT studio, why not send a quick message to one of these PTs in Croydon with access to their own studios?
- Mobile Personal Trainer Croydon: There are also some amazing outdoor spaces for personal training in and around Croydon, such as Park Hill Park, Addington Hills, and Crystal Palace Park, all great spots for cardio and for getting some fresh air. There are also several free calisthenics gyms, including in Lloyd Park, Purley Way Playing Fields, King George’s Field, and Grangewood Park. As well as in a local park, there are lots of trainers in Croydon who would be pleased to meet you in your home or garden.
- Fitness Trainer London: Given that Croydon has such great transport links, you could easily train within a more central location in the capital if you prefer. If so, you could reach out to a London-based qualified personal trainer listed here or one of the PTs located in South London listed here.
- Personal Trainer Kent: If you'd like to head the other way and make the most of the nearby countryside, you could get in touch with one of these fitness professionals in nearby Kent.
- Personal Trainer Surrey: Surrey's another great option if you'd like to train in a more rural environment. If so, one of these PTs in Surrey would love to hear from you.
- Online Trainers: Many would also be happy to provide you with online personal training sessions.
Final words on personal trainers in Croydon
With so many personal trainers in the UK (about 24,000) and so many personal trainers in London (several thousand), we’re sure that your ideal fitness professional is out there somewhere. If you haven’t found them yet through the links above, try head to the ukfitness.pro homepage and enter your location into the search box. For example, if you enter “South Croydon”, you’ll be taken to this page of personal trainers in South Croydon, whereas if you search "Penge High Street", you'll be taken to this page of personal trainers in central Penge.
If you’re still asking yourself, “Are personal trainers worth the cost?”, you might be interested in these articles:
- Five Reasons to Hire a Personal Trainer
- Six Reasons to Hire an Online Personal Trainer
- Five Reasons to Hire a Personal Trainer for Fat Loss
Essentially, a personal trainer is usually someone with outstanding people skills who can provide you with extra encouragement as well as expert guidance on diet and exercise, helping you to gain mastery over your own body with maximum efficiency. Perhaps the best thing about this is how you'll feel about yourself as a result. It's hard to put a price on that.